Monday, April 6, 2009

sometimes it's hard to be a big boy

The Pie just couldn't wake up this morning. When he finally got out of bed, he was in tears because he was still so sleepy.

He walked into my tummy and cried. I felt so sorry for him. I asked him if he didn't want to wake up and he shook his head. I told him I knew how he felt because I didn't want to wake up this morning either. I told him I know it's hard sometimes to be a big boy.

I picked him up and held him on my hip and got him his breakfast with one hand, just like I used to when he was a baby. My back is paying for that now, let me tell you, but there was a sweet familiarity to it. I really miss him being a baby.

As I fed him his cereal, I told him I understood how hard it is to be a big boy and how sometimes you just need your Mummy to feed you breakfast. I told him I didn't have that when I was small and I told myself, even then, when I had my own children I would make sure they didn't feel like I did.

I told him that it is hard to deal with all of the new responsibilities that come with getting bigger and that I couldn't do what I was doing every day. But I wanted him to know I understand and it's okay to feel that way. Poor little guy. He felt much better after his breakfast and went off to shower. Just like a big boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment