Monday, April 6, 2009

my phone went bye-bye

My phone was just fine on Saturday morning. I used it, played Solitaire on it and the alarm went off as normal. It was fully charged from the night before. I get to class and realize the power is off. That has been known to happen and I usually just remove the battery and put it back in. That hasn't happened in a long time, but I didn't think too much of it. I did the thing and tried powering it back up but the test was about to start and I couldn't hold down the power button for the few seconds needed to start it up.

Plus, it makes some noise when it powers up and the substitute procter was a bit of a drip, so I didn't want to make a fusss.

During the break, I tried again and it didn't start. I wondered if the charge died, even though it had been charged over night. I couldn't check that in class and used a friend's phone to ring John after class, as we had arranged to meet up to take Pie to Target to get some new socks and such.

I tried charging it when I came home but the charge light wasn't coming on and the phone just wouldn't start up. John had a go at it and just told me the phone is broken. He offered to give me his phone while he is at work and I could use my sim card in it so I could keep my number. We weren't sure a new phone was in the works.

When I came home from class yesterday, he said it might be best to bite it and get new phones. i didn't want to say anything, but I go to different places in the City for workshops and I feel much safer with my phone and being able to call John. Not because he worries. Heaven forfend! But just because I like to call when I am on my way home and in case anything happens to me (I hope never!) and I don't get home, he at least knows when he last heard from me and where. It's a thing. I watched a lot of "Law and Order", what can I say? I know he's probably laughing as he reads this, but whatever. It's not like he actually answers the goddamn phone anyway.

Anyhoo, I digress.

We narrowed down some possibilities. I liked the Samsung Propel, the Motorola EM330 and the Samsung A737. We went to a store and I had a look at the Samsung A737 but didn't particularly like the flush keypad. I really liked the Motorola but it's a pretty new phone in the States and couldn't find one to look at. I had seen the Propel before and always liked it.

We went back and forth on a data plan or a text plan. I went to bed. This morning John told me he choose a slider for himself and got the Propel for me. I guess we should get our new phones by the end of the week.

I am sorry to lose my phone. It was pda as well and I loved being able to plan my life on my phone and know exactly what I was doing no matter where I was. I was quite happy to keep that phone for another year, or more. John was the one who needed a new phone as his camera had died and he was having some other problem I cannot remember.

Oh well. I'm sure I will like the Propel just fine. I even got it in green!

No comments:

Post a Comment