Thursday, April 2, 2009

the last chronicles - pacing

One of the books that Kaplan sends out is a Pacing book. It allows you to work on timed section without having to do any entire test. There is an Endurance book for that. Hopefully, more on than later.

This Saturday, there is another full-length test. I'm pretty okay with the long test. I take my water in my stainless steel bottle and my veggie burger with me and try not to go to the bathroom until the test is over. I am concerned that I am going to be in a testing center with over a hundred people, 75% of whom are women and a good chunk of them on the rag. Including me. Lining up to use the bathroom might not be something I'd care to be doing.

What I am trying to practice now is time and section management and the Pacing book is good for that. Sometimes I get a little discouraged, especially in the Logical Reasoning sections, where I get the same kinds of questions wrong over and over. But I still feel I am doing things the right way.

I came across this website in my online research even before I started the Kaplan class. It is chock full of terrific advice and little things that no one tells you. One of the reasons I am keeping this blog about the LSATs is that whenever I spoke to anyone who had already written it and were in or out of law school, they had trouble remembering what they went through while taking the test. I understand wanting to forget about it, but I could use the help.

This guy is just giving away all this lovely information for free and I have no idea why. It's just wonderfully helpful. I get a lot of reinforcement that I am doing things the right way from reading his blog.

Tutor said in the last couple weeks leading up to the exam, he began doing tests with music on. I try to have some kind of distraction going when I am doing a Pacing exercise. I use Pie's egg timer and the ticking can drive you mad. I sit next to the ferret cage and they are loud motherfuckers when they are running around in there and the rest of the house is quiet. Plus, they have the noisiest water bottle in the world. That thing wakes me up when I am asleep so I will be glad when we replace it. Sometimes, my neighbor has work being done in his flat so I get the joy of drilling and hammering.

Go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment