Saturday, May 14, 2011

when does a 1L stop being a 1L

When I finish my last exam on Monday? When I get grades? When I finish summer courses? When I drop dead from being so tired?

I feel bone-weary. I can hardly keep my eyes open. It's been a long couple of weeks. I blame Crim Law. No. I'm seriously not going to let that go. It's to blame for cancer as far as I care.

I start one of my summer jobs on the 23rd. It's just a part-time writing gig, working from home. I'm taking all of next week off, once Lawyering is over. Sleeping, mostly, whenever I feel like it.

The back pain is starting to ease up a little. It was bitchin' during the Property final. I had to sit perfectly upright for the heating pad to hit the sore area and it wasn't the most conducive to typing. You know that lovely hunched over the keyboard position you must assume during an exam as you furiously type away the issues? Yeah. Not for Mummy Pet. I looked like I was wearing a corset!

I'm looking forward to next year. I'm a Campus Advocate, so I get to brief the new newbies on the ins and outs. I start to specialize, which should be fun, especially since I have no excuse for bitching as I chose the courses I will be taking. I've managed to do a couple of things that require non-legal writing, so I won't forget how to write like a person. Plus Law and Literature.

Even summer should be interesting, in spite of having to wear a suit in 90ยบ weather! I won't be posting about where I'll be working and any real specifics about the job, but I do have a job and I wanted it and was thrilled to get it. But it will stay off of FB and this blog. I don't think it's secret or sensitive, just good form and it's better to be safe than sorry. Sadly, it means that the husband will bear the brunt of any ranting! But, what are husband for?

No comments:

Post a Comment