Thursday, March 10, 2011

present and future

So keeping up with this semester's work isn't enough. I am choosing courses for my 2L year. I've already revised my schedule 3 times and I'm hoping I get into everything I want. The real challenge comes in the actual application, which we do at midnight (wtf is that about?) on April something-or-other.

Yes, I am taking it seriously. Academic Affairs give us a list of things to do in making choices and learning more and I've done everything. I met with multiple professors and asked for advice. I met with students who are pursuing my field of interest. I've gone to Center info sessions. I've read, emailed, cried.

As for this semester, ees ok, I guess. Crim prof is helping us out with outlining and exam prep, but his classes are still tough to understand. It's frustrating, and it doesn't help I have no interest in the field, so it's hard to bring enthusiasm. Well, I have no interest in pursuing Property either, but I love that class. Ah well.

Bang pointed out that, as of last Tuesday, we have 36 more days as 1Ls. Sigh. Today is Focus Day for Admitted Students and I remember my day fondly. I'm still excited about being in law school, and I am enjoying myself hugely. I think planning my 2L schedule is pretty sobering and it's no more 1L coddling from hear on out. Prof Crim Law pointed out that now is the time to change the way we do things, like study or read cases, before they become bad habits next year.

Right now, though, I'd really like to go home and take a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment