Tuesday, July 6, 2010

golly gosh

I was writing to a new law school chum yesterday and as we were exchanging blather about coursework, it hit me that law school is just weeks away. Two weeks ago, I was chomping at the bit to get my new laptop and books and reading assignments. Today, I am seeing each nerve joining a small bundle in my stomach.

I am still reading the book. It's been on hold b/c the boys were both home last week and today a friend from Trinidad is meeting me. I am so happy to see her.

I'm also trying to change my diet. After years of hounding me to include more vegetables in our diet, I am finally listening to the husband. We all love green beans, but Pie might be in love with them. I am yet to eat a green bean. I bought some fresh yesterday, so I am hoping I can steal some tonight.

I also bought these huge, gorgeous bell peppers to stir-fry with some beef strips. I am trying to ease up on rice and pasta as well. I like bread too much to give that up. I am also hoping that distracting myself with this little project will ease those jumpy nerves a bit.

Also, I am stalking my new laptop online. I have these bursts of "BUY A MAC", but I'm trying to stay the PC course and not vomit. The Sony Vaio Y series is lovely and I do like it a lot. I'm hoping it gets here next week... once I actually buy it. I have to reimburse family funds for it so we have to make sure we take care of other commitments before spending on a laptop. So far, I'm storing my notes on Goggle Docs to make the transition easier when the new machine gets here.

And I have a sore throat that won't go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment