Saturday, June 19, 2010

the end of law preview is just the beginning

I wish I could go away on vacation today. Sleep on the plane and wake up in Trinidad, spend a week at Annabelle's eating all the doubles, bar-be-que and Lucky's preserves plums I could stand. The thought of the next few days at home seem unpalatable.

I can't wait for school to start. I feel so much smarter already. I'm really tired, still, and cannot wait to go to bed. But I met some cool people at this thing and saw the best of the academic world. These teachers were so smart, so articulate and knew their stuff. More importantly, they knew how to impart it with passion so that I am impassioned as well. No Professor Binns among this group!

I did feel a bit old. Twice "The Paper Chase" was raised and the second time I heard the giggles when I was only person who raised my hand when the prof asked who saw it. Not everyone just graduated from college this year, but I felt the gap.

I'm sure I have more to say, but I'm really exhausted. I'll find the words next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment